i married the best man found on the face of the earth. i know a lot of women say that, but really i did. he is wonderful. getting married to him was the best thing i have done so far in my life.
our wedding day was amazing, the most marvelous day. nothing went (overtly) wrong, and the little hiccups that did happen no one knew but me. the weather was absolutely perfect. sunny and 70 degrees in the middle of december, in DC. miracle! it was a gorgeous day and we were so happy. there were many wonderful people who helped us. i felt so much love from my family and friends and am so grateful for their wonderful support.
sometimes i can't believe that it actually happened, that we got married and that i am now no longer miss briney, but mrs ruano. (yes that takes some getting used to!) but we did it and i am sealed to this amazing man, forever. i still get excited thinking that i get to live with, progress with, and stand next to him for eternity.
in the temple, the sealer (a man who holds the power and authority to bind families together for eternity) pronounced us man and wife not just for this life, but for time and all eternity. i was, and still am, in awe that our heavenly father has given us this special gift. he has given to us the ability to be bound together forever, not just in this life. i know that this power is real and i am eternally grateful for it and that i am able to access it through entering God's holy temple.
i dreamed of that day my entire life and began preparing for it many years before i got engaged, and it was the perfect day with my perfect person in the perfect place at the perfect time. i cannot believe that my life has turned out the way it has, i could never dream that i would be where i am today, but it has all worked out in a harmony that seems only could be made above and guided by a loving eternal Father.
our wedding day was amazing, the most marvelous day. nothing went (overtly) wrong, and the little hiccups that did happen no one knew but me. the weather was absolutely perfect. sunny and 70 degrees in the middle of december, in DC. miracle! it was a gorgeous day and we were so happy. there were many wonderful people who helped us. i felt so much love from my family and friends and am so grateful for their wonderful support.
sometimes i can't believe that it actually happened, that we got married and that i am now no longer miss briney, but mrs ruano. (yes that takes some getting used to!) but we did it and i am sealed to this amazing man, forever. i still get excited thinking that i get to live with, progress with, and stand next to him for eternity.
in the temple, the sealer (a man who holds the power and authority to bind families together for eternity) pronounced us man and wife not just for this life, but for time and all eternity. i was, and still am, in awe that our heavenly father has given us this special gift. he has given to us the ability to be bound together forever, not just in this life. i know that this power is real and i am eternally grateful for it and that i am able to access it through entering God's holy temple.
i dreamed of that day my entire life and began preparing for it many years before i got engaged, and it was the perfect day with my perfect person in the perfect place at the perfect time. i cannot believe that my life has turned out the way it has, i could never dream that i would be where i am today, but it has all worked out in a harmony that seems only could be made above and guided by a loving eternal Father.

Oh that post makes me so happy!
ReplyDeleteWhen I got married, I was deliriously happy for a day. Then we went on our honeymoon, and he told me that he had lied to me in many many many different ways (Don't worry this is going somewhere). We didn't have the same values as each other- AT ALL. It wasn't just addiction stuff, it was tons and tons and tons of other things. And later I found out that all of that was just scratching the surface! I was furious at him. I resented him. And for months after the wedding, people would ask me how long I had been married. Whenever I'd tell them, they'd say, "Oh, you're still in the honeymoon phase!!!!" ...But I wasn't. I was in the honeymoon phase for hours rather than months or years. Every time someone said, "You're in the honeymoon phase!" I seriously wanted to punch them in the face!
I've always thought that the next time I get married, I will be PROUD to be in the honeymoon phase. I will wear it like a freakin' badge of honor!!!! It is NOT a negative thing! It's a positive thing, and it means something. It means that you made the right choice. It means that you're happy. It means that, even though your relationship IS work.... there's a great payoff for your work! And it is SOOO worth it!!
The way you talk about Marvin and about the two of you together, you've got the "honeymoon phase" written all over your face. And your blog. ;) And my guess is that people will point that to you, and they may say it bitterly, or they may roll their eyes. But every time you hear it, remember that it's a compliment! And it means you did something wonderfully right!! :)
I love you so much, and I hope you feel this way for EVER, and that you and Marvin will just be able to build on this love, so that you stay in the honeymoon phase forever, or if you leave it behind it will only be for an even BETTER and deeper love!
Congratulations, my friend! :) Love you!
P.S. You look STUNNING!!!!! on your wedding day!
ReplyDelete