the GRE is over. Yay!!! now I can go back to reading my book, watching Big Bang theory, and browsing Facebook at work. I was not as thrilled to be taking it. seriously it rocked me hard core, but I think I did alright given the time crunch and my general distaste for standardized math examinations. hopefully alright enough for GW....either way what's done is DONE. :)
also...Christmas is over. I know this a puzzling thing to point out, as in: duh Alicia, it's the 26th....thus Christmas is over, as well as similar thought: shouldnt this be a less than joyous passage? well as stated previously, I was less than excited about Christmas this year given my lack if funds and vacation time to travel home. however, thanks to fellow holiday orphans as we called ourselves, and to a miraculously quick passage of the cold that seemed to suddenly take over my sinuses over the weekend, I quite enjoyed my family-less, tradition-less, less-present-filled holiday. I enjoyed a quiet morning of reading and sleeping in to ease my tired, sickly mind. then cleaned. yes I cleaned on Christmas Day. yes I know that is not surprising. once again I am highly predictable. :) video chatted with the fam to exchange presents across the continent...always good for a laugh. then I ventured to my bishop's house to enjoy Christmas dinner with his boisterous family. it was hilarious and fantastic. we slurped jello from a plate as the first course. with no hands. no joke. we of course had goblets filled with sparkling cider which was for the toasting. everyone had to make a toast, all 9 of us. and let me just say, the toasts matched the general humor of the whole evening. twas a good night. :)
after dinner, saw Les Miserables with other holiday orphans and thus my Christmas Day was complete.
moral of the story: laughing makes everything happy. seriously, have you ever tried to be mad or sad when you laugh? it's impossible. thank you humor for making my days happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment