today I am very pleased and grateful that the rain has washed my car of the pollen that pervades nova with a thick yellow layer of dust. the last weekend my car got a very good thorough washing...and it was already yellow by the middle of last week. my car is shiny black not yellow! so I begrudgingly paid the $20 on saturday to wash her again in an effort to save her paint and my sanity. but pollen never sleeps and had already began its slow but steady scatter over everything. then came the rains.... and now the car is squeaky clean once again :)
I am also grateful for the rain because it means that we do not have to worry about water shortages or drought here....not that this is ever an issue in the wet mid Atlantic. but having grown up in much drier climes, and having travelled to and read of countries where water is in very short supply, I feel blessed to live in an area of water abundance. never complain when it rains, you never know who is fearfully praying for it!
plus it makes every living thing glow a bright neon green and makes the land seem to burst with life and beauty.
saturday was the most gorgeous day this year so I biked down the mount Vernon trail and almost died over the perfectness that surrounded me as I followed the banks of the Potomac. the water was shinning in the sun, green and turquoise. trees were full with young leaves. flowers popped up here and there in the wild brush or hung down from vines that climbed high limbs. I live in the most beautiful place! you could even smell the lilac from the trail. heaven.
I am also happy today that I am sore....I know what you're thinking: I'm crazy. but if I'm sore it means that my body works! it means that I am able to move, run, bike, dance, and do my kicks/push ups/sit-ups/lunges/planks. it means that new muscle is being formed and tomorrow ill be able to use that muscle (if it's not hurting still). it means the miracle of the human body continues. I love my body!(of course sometimes it plagues me with pain and illness because it is not perfect...yet! but still is amazing)
the celebrating continues today with color. how wonderful is color? could you imagine a world/life without colors? ----sometimes I see it in the clothing and decor of my fellow government workers,... haha(...i laugh but it is so true) I love that spring means the return of bright colors into all aspects of life. (even tho not everyone gets the memo :) ) my challenge to everyone: bring more color into your life! wear a yellow shirt or change your sheets to bright blue or...wear an entire outfit that has no black in it. gasp! you'll be glad you did I promise. :)
random gratitude:
thank goodness for big black security men who pray
thanks to the metro drivers for being super chipper of late and making me smile during my commute
thank all the powers that be that I have a secure job which I can reliably count on to pay me twice a month
thank goodness that the job is not super stressful on days like today when I have no energy whatsoever :)
Yay thanks for the inspiration for more things to be grateful for!
ReplyDelete