and then I remember that in many countries in the world people are skinny because they are malnourished or starving. I am grateful that I am healthy and have never lacked in nutritional or medical needs.
sometimes I wish I had all the money in the world so I could not worry about budgeting and could buy all the beautiful clothes I wanted....
and then I remember how much I do have, how some people live on less than $1 a day (I make $1 in 3 minutes), and some women don't even have more than one outfit let alone the closet/dressers-ful that I have.
sometimes I wish I didn't have to sit at a desk all day to work....
and then I remember how many women around the world have to walk miles each day just for water or stand all day in a hot factory or don't have a job or don't even have the opportunity and freedom to have a job.
sometimes I wish I was a man so I didn't have to do my hair or buy tampons or deal with many other unavoidable aspects of being a woman....
and then I remember how much God loves his daughters and the miracles that occur due to the functions of a female body in bringing life to this world.
sometimes I wish life wasn't so hard....
and then I remember the growth and learning that occurs through difficulty and how Christ always strengthens me to handle everything that comes my way.
sometimes I wish that there was no suffering or sadness in the world...
and then I remember how it helps me have charity and empathy for my fellow man and gives me the opportunity to serve them.
sometimes I wish I knew the end from the beginning so I didn't have to worry....
and then I remember how a loving, powerful God is in control, he knows what's best and has asked me to trust him-- I get to enjoy the ride and the thrill that comes when something delightful happens!
sometimes I wish I never got sick or hurt or physically weak....
and then I remember how amazing that our bodies usually function well on their own and can heal themselves of many ailments. I also remember how wonderful people have helped me when I am sick and how much I am loved. (mostly by my mom)
sometimes I wish I was naturally incredibly gorgeous....
and then I remember that physical beauty will always fade with age and time, but good character, knowledge and my divine worth will never be lost or change.
sometimes I wish I could be superwoman and be perfect, help everyone, know everything, do everything, and never get tired of it all.....
and then I remember that I don't have to be perfect because of the atonement of Jesus Christ, and I don't have to do or be everything because Heavenly Father loves me the way I am and will help become the woman he wants me to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment