today I read an article that reported how breast milk contains proteins to fight HIV transmission from an infected mother to her infant, an occurrence previously thought to be unavoidable due to sharing of bodily fluids and blood by both during pregnancy and delivery. the article states:
Tenascin C’s presence in breast milk, though, prompts a deeper question: Why would milk naturally include a protein that battles HIV, a virus that evolved extremely recently in our evolutionary history, sometime in the early 20th century?
In other words, Tenascin C is effective at combating a large variety of infections (perhaps related to its role in adults, where it holds various types of tissue together, necessitating receptors that can bind to a wide array of different cells). The fact that it happens to bind at just the right spot on HIV’s outer envelope so that it combats the virus’ transmission, as Permar puts it, is “a gift from evolution.”
I do not believe that this was a gift from evolution, but rather a gift from a loving and merciful heavenly father who knew before the world was created that innocent babies would be affected by this tragic virus.
God loves us, we are his children and he created us in his image. he created all things on this earth, for our benefit. his power is endless and it continues to bless us even when we don't realize it or deserve it.
it amazes me and makes me stop in wonder like the poet penned--
O Lord, my God, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds thy hands have made.
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power through out the universe displayed,
Then sings my soul, my Savior, God, to thee,
How great thou art!
How great thou art!
No comments:
Post a Comment